Sunday, 18 March marks the start of Teen Health Week!!!
Teen Health Week (THW) aims to raise awareness of the unique health issues facing young people. 2018 marks the first time the movement that began in Pennsylvania USA two years ago is going global…bringing together young people across the world to increase awareness of the health and wellbeing concerns of teenagers today.
During Teen Health Week each day has a specific theme:
- Sunday, March 18: Violence Prevention
- Monday, March 19: Preventive Care and Vaccines
- Tuesday, March 20: Healthy Diet and Exercise
- Wednesday, March 21: Mental Health
- Thursday, March 22: Sexual Development and Health
- Friday, March 23: Substance Use and Abuse
- Saturday, March 24: Oral Health
We will be raising awareness of THW through Twitter (@WHOCCStAndrews)! We are also working with 10 teams in the HBSC Study (@HBSCStudy) who will be sharing national and international data and key findings from the latest HBSC survey and publications.
Our colleagues in Europe and around the world aim to #painttheworldlimegreen from 18-24 March – we hope you’ll join the conversation using #2018TeenHealth