We have been working with colleagues from the Health Behaviour in School-aged Children (HBSC) study in Sweden based at the Public Health Agency of Sweden on the development of a seminar entitled ‘Adolescent Mental Wellbeing: Status of the Nordic Region.’ This event marks the culmination of a series of seminars to understand recent trends in declining mental health amongst Swedish youth (see Related materials below).
The seminar took place on Tuesday, 14 June at 13:30 at Konferens Spårvagnshallarna in Stockholm, Sweden. Speakers included Jo Inchley, HBSC International Coordinator and representatives from the HBSC teams in Denmark (Pernille Due), Finland (Raili Välimaa), Norway (Torbjørn Torsheim), and Sweden (Curt Hagquist). Discussions were led by Sven Bremberg from the Public Health Agency of Sweden.
- 13:30 Welcome remarks (Petra Löfstedt)
- 13:35 Mental Health Policy in Sweden (Kerstin Evelius)
- 13:45 International findings of the HBSC study (Jo Inchley)
- 14:10 Nordic region trends (Denmark (Pernille Due), Finland (Raili Välimaa), Norway (Torbjørn Torsheim), and Sweden (Curt Hagquist))
- 14:45 Break
- 15:15 Panel discussion and Q&A (Sven Bremberg)
Check out videos of the event HERE.
HBSC Impact stories – Sweden – see page 8